The Pandemic Influenza Response Plan
- The Minister of Health is the authority for measures against communicable diseases,
including pandemic influenza.
- The Chief Epidemiologist is responsible for measures against communicable disease,
including global influenza preparedness under the authority of the Minister of Health.
- The National Committee on Communicable Diseases is an advisory body for the health
authorities concerning measures to prevent the spread of communicable disease.
- The Medical Director of Health is responsible for the professional inspection of the
operations and working facilities of health professionals, health institutions and measures
against communicable disease.
- The Minister of Justice is the authority for Civil Protection.
- The National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police governs civil protection activities
under the authority of the Minister of Justice.
- The Civil Protection Department of the National Commissioner of the Icelandic
Police is responsible for the implementation of civil protection, including the
management of general measures to keep social infrastructures operable, and
support for official measures against communicable disease.
- The Chief Epidemiologist and the Civil Protection Department of the National
Commissioner of the Icelandic Police shall be responsible for the organisation of
education, training and dissemination of information for the purpose of clarifying the
situation at any time to the public.
Síðast uppfært: 1. júlí 2016 klukkan 12:50