General precautions if a dangerous situation develops
- If a dangerous situation develops, it is important that families gather together to coordinate their actions.
- If you evacuate your home, keep in mind that mass casualty centres are usually located in schools.
- If a mass casualty centre is not nearby, contact the police (112) and notify them of your whereabouts.
- Report accidents and request assistance by calling Emergency number at 112.
- If you need assistance and the telephones do not work, and you have no other means of communication, put a cloth or a flag out of a window, or at some other noticeable location, outside the house. In case of emergency, flags or signals, are a request for assistance.
- Do not use the telephone except for emergency purposes. Keep conversations to an absolute minimum.
- Announcements from the Civil Protection are sent to the State Radio and TV as well as other media.
If in need for further information after a disaster, contact 112 or your Embassy, Consulat, Travel Agency or Tourist Information Centre. If those are not available, contact the Emergency number 112 or a helpful native.and seek advise