The Pandemic Influenza Response Plan
- The Minister of Health is the authority for measures against communicable diseases, including pandemic influenza and COVID-19.
- The Chief Epidemiologist is responsible for measures against communicable disease, including global influenza preparedness under the authority of the Minister of Health.
- The National Committee on Communicable Diseases is an advisory body for the health authorities concerning measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- The Medical Director of Health is responsible for the professional inspection of the operations and working facilities of health professionals, health institutions and measures against communicable diseases.
- The Minister of Justice is the authority for Civil Protection.
- The National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police leads Civil Protection activities under the authority of the Minister of Justice.
- The Civil Protection Department of the National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police is responsible for the implementation of civil protection, including the management of general measures to keep social infrastructures operable, and support for official measures against communicable diseases.
- The Chief Epidemiologist and the Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management of the National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police is responsible for the organisation of education, training and dissemination of information for the purpose of clarifying the situation at any time to the public.
Síðast uppfært: 17. september 2020 klukkan 11:17